BLOG

NFM’s rice mill on sale

08 March 20172 min reading

The National Flour Mills’ rice milling operations at Carlsen Field is again up for sale in Trinidad and Tobago.

nfm76The National Flour Mills’ (NFM) rice milling operations at Carlsen Field is again up for sale in Trinidad and Tobago. According to Agriculture Minister Clarence Rambharat there is private sector interest in acquiring the mill to establish a parboiling plant. NFM is 51 percent Government-owned while the other 49 per cent is owned by institutions and members of the public. In newspaper advertisements, no assets will be sold separately. PriceWaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services Lmited (PwC) has been appointed to assist in the divestment process. For several years NFM has been trying to sell the Mill, Rambharat told the Express yesterday. “Several years now NFM determined that the mill is no longer required by them. They made attempts to dispose of it but never did,” he said. He said interest was shown in the mill in the past but parties could not reach an agreement. “In the most recent attempt the process was abandoned,” he stated. Rambharat said while the plant awaits a buyer, NFM will continue to mill local rice. “In recent years the Ministry of Agriculture pays NFM to mill for local rice farmers. There is some interest locally in acquiring the mill to set up a parboiling plant.” the Minister said.

Articles in News Category
16 October 20202 min reading

Argentina first country to approve drought-resistant GMO wheat

Argentina has become the first country in the world to approve HB4 drought-resistant transgenic w...

13 July 20202 min reading

Yemmak signature in Turkey’s top producers in 2020

Yemmak, one of the leading Turkish companies in feed machinery production, has announced that 202...

13 December 20191 min reading

Iran signs wheat import MoUs with Russia, Kazakhstan

Iran has signed memorandums of understanding with Russia and Kazakhstan for the temporary importati...