CHS reports $347 million first quarter fiscal 2019 net income
18 February 20191 min reading
CHS Inc., a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States, reported a net income of $347.1 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2019.”Our strong first quarter results position us well as we start our 2019 fiscal year,” said Jay Debertin, CHS president and chief executive officer. “We are focused on making CHS our customers’ first choice by advancing our technology solutions and equipping employees to meet the changing needs of our customers around the world. We will do this while maintaining financial discipline and rigor.”
- Key financial highlights for the quarter that ended Nov. 30, 2018, include:
- Net income of $347.1 million, an increase of $159.9 million from the restated first quarter of fiscal 2018.
- Consolidated revenues of $8.5 billion, a $452.4 million increase from the restated first period of fiscal 2018.
- Pretax income of $367.2 million, an increase of $159.4 million from the restated first period of fiscal 2018.
- Improved crude oil pricing, which drove higher refining margins.
- Favorable market conditions in the crop nutrients business, which resulted in higher margins.
- Improved earnings in the company’s CF Nitrogen, Ardent Mills and Ventura Foods investments.
Articles in News Category
24 June 20223 min reading
Syngenta Group announces leadership transition
Syngenta Group announced succession plans for its leadership team. Jeff Rowe, currently President, Global Seeds, will take over the leadership of Syngenta Crop Protection, effective July 1, 2022. His former role will be assumed by Justin Wolfe, currently Regional Director North America Seeds. As members of the Group Leadership Team, the two will report to CEO Erik Fyrwald. Jeff will relocate to Basel, Switzerland; Justin will continue to be based in Downers Grove, Illinois, USA.
08 November 20213 min reading
Actions now to feed the world and save the planet, urges FAO