Public Association “Community Of Pulse Producers And Customers Of Ukraine” (SPPBU) will hold a significant conferance on pulses. The Third International Conference «PULSES. NEW MARKETS. NEW OPPORTUNITIES» will take place on 29th November in Kyiv. The main mission of the conference is to increase acreages of legume crops in Ukraine, to promote the consumption of pulses in the country and to inform the world’s professionals in pulse crops about Ukraine’s great opportunity to become a major producer of pulses in the nearest future: chickpeas, lentils, beans , peas, mung beans, etc.
Farmers and agricultural holdings of Ukraine will participate at the conference, also leading research institutes of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine, trading companies, representatives of international organizations - FAO, GPC, National Indian Bean Association, Brazilian Bean Association, Alberta Bean Association Canada, International Grain and Food Trade Association (GAFTA), domestic and foreign experts, analysts, representatives of world embassies that produce or consume high-protein legumes and high-ranking guests of ministries and departments.
The conference is supported by the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine and will be a vivid continuation of the Second International Conference «PULSES. FACING GLOBAL DEMAND» held in November 2017 in the sign of the active participation of Ukraine in the implementation of the program of the UN (68th UN General Assembly Resolution) that declared 2016 the International Year of Pulses (IYP).
The conference will cover the following
- World production and consumption of pulses;
- Potential of Ukraine in the pulse crop market. Production. Processing;
- New approaches and opportunities for investors of pulse production in Ukraine;
- The role of pulses in varietal diversification of crop production;
- Specifics of agriculture technologies for pulse growing ;
- Prospects for the development of leguminous seed production in Ukraine;
- Main directions of sales and marketing of legumes;
- International requirements for Pulse trade. GAFTA Contracts.